Cusco City Tour – Half Day Tour
- Duration: Half day (from 1:30 pm. to 6:30 pm.)
- Starting point: Cusco
- Ending point: Cusco
- Group Size: Max 8, Avg 5
- Travel Style: Archaeological and Cultural tour.
- Tour Rating: The Cusco City Tour is by far the best way to discover the charm and magic of the City.
- Difficult Level: Easy.
- Altitude: 3,400 masl to 3,900 masl (highest point).
- Departure Dates: Daily departures.
- Discover the charm and magic of the Cusco City.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors.
- Explore interesting Archeological Sites along the Tour and learn about the mysteries of the ancient Inca Culture.
- Ideal for couples, group of friends, nature lovers, and for all the family.
- Informative Trip led by a friendly and expert local guide.
- All the entrance tickets are includes.
- Complimentary pickup and drop off from all Cusco hotels.
What you can expect:
The Cusco City is the Capital Archaeological of South America. The City is located around 3400 m. (11154ft). It was the Capital of the Inca Empire from the 13th into the 16th century, during this time the Inca masons build many Inca constructions until the Spanish conquest. Spaniards were living there almost 300 years and built many chapels, temples and colonial Palaces. In 1983 was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. In 1993 was designates as the Historical Capital of Peru. Actually is the major tourist destination of Peru, receiving nearly 2 million visitors a year.
Along the tour you will discover the magic and charm of the City, learning about the Inca Civilization , You will first head to the ancient “Qoricancha” known as the Inca Temple of the Sun and admire its exquisite architectural feats. And then 25 minute drive takes you to the majestic Inca site called Sacsayhuaman with its enigmatic monoliths weighing as much as 200 tons. From here we continue by car about 5 minute bus ride to Qenqo Inca site with its fascinating Inka altars, then another 10 minute drive to Puca Pucara, a small Inka site. The last stop on our tour is Tambomachay the water temple with its impressive water fountains thought to be used by the Inca for religious ceremonies. We’ll then drive back down to Cusco where the tour ends at your Hotel.
Places to visit:
- Qoricancha and Santo Domingo Convent.
- Puca Pucura
We will pick you at your Cusco hotel at 1:30 pm. to begin this tour. From here you and your tour guide will head to the Qoricancha “The Inca Temple of the Sun”. Here you will see the clash between the Inca culture and Catholicism because over the Inca walls the Spaniards built the Saint Domingo Church and Convent, and you will see firsthand the difference in building methods. The Inca building is amazing as this was the main spiritual center of the Inca Culture.
From Qoricancha you will walk down to Avenida El Sol, where you will catch our transportation to climb up and just outside of the City. The 25 minute drive takes you to the majestic Inca site Sacsayhuaman. From here you will have the best panoramic view of the Cusco City. Visiting Sacsayhuaman you´ll see the largest and enigmatic monoliths weighing as much as 200 tons. Your guide will offer an explanation of this incredible site and you will have extra time to do a bit of exploring on your own.
From Sacsayhuaman we continue just 5 minutes drive to Qenqo, which has a large amphitheater, many Inka altars and an underground chamber which was a religious center dedicated to the adoration of the Earth.
After Q’enqo, we will aboard our transportation for another 5 minutes until Puca Pucara, this is another Inca Site with some buildings that were used as a military control center. The name means reddish place.
Continuing with the tour, you aboard the transportation for about 5 minutes more until our last stop called Tambomachay, the water temple with its impressive water fountains thought to be used by the Inca for ceremonial purposes.
Finally, we’ll drive back down to Cusco to drop off at your Hotel.
- Pick up from your Cusco hotel.
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide.
- Entrance ticket to Qoricancha.
- Entrance fees to 4 Ruins (Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay).
- Drop-off in your Cusco hotel.
- Personal gear (please, check what to take list).
- Optional Tips for the travel team (only if you want, at the end of the trail you can give some tips for your tour guide and driver).
WHAT´S TO TAKE
Many people assume that the weather is hot in South America, but in the zone of the higher altitude of the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. So we provide you the full list to organize your backpack from now.
Please, check the next City Tour – What to take List and remember that everything is very important for the success of your tour.
- Original Passport
- Original student card issued by the university for up to 25 years, if you are student
- A printed voucher issued for us.
- Day pack.
- Water bottle.
- Sun Hat, Sunglasses, Sun block
- A Thermal jacket
- Rain jacket or poncho (From November to March)
- Photo Camera with extra memory cards and batteries.
- Some cash, if you want to buy some souvenirs of your visit
AVAILABILITY AND PRICES
CITY TOUR IN CUSCO – HALF DAY
The tour of the City Tour in Cusco is available throughout the year. We have 2 daily groups.
- 1st Group – From 9:00 am. At 1:30 p.m.
- 2nd. Group – From 1:45 pm. 6:30 p.m.
Price – 2019
USD $ 50.00 per Adult (Age 18 +)
USD $ 45.oo per Student(Age 14 to 17, – and from 18 to 25 with current student meat).
USD $ 40.00 per Child (Age 3-13)
USD $ 0.00 per Infant (Age 0-2) -For free, travelling with your parents.
- Please note, this tour require minimum of 2 adults.
- If you are thinking of traveling alone, please contact us to offer you a date in an already organized group.
- Our passion is family travel, so if you travel with children please contact us to offer our promotions.