- Duration: 4 days / 3 nights.
- Starting point: Cusco
- Ending point: Cusco
- Group Size: Small Group Max 8, Avg. 4
- Travel Style: Hiking, Trekking, Archaeological and Cultural trek.
- Trek Rating: The Trek to CACHICATA QUARRIES is a beautiful route but still little known.
- Difficult Level: Easy to Moderate.
- Altitude: 3,200 m. to 4,440 m.(highest point), and down to 2700 m.
- Travel distance: 115 km. / 71 miles.
- Departure Dates: Daily departures
- Discover little known interesting Inca places and Machu Picchu in one trip.
- Explore the ruins and learn about the mysteries of the ancient Inca Culture visiting these incredible archaeological sites.
- Hiking alongside to beautiful landscapes and see natural bridges, Andean valleys, lagoons, rivers and cascades.
- Ideal for couples, group of friends, nature lovers, and for all the family.
- Informative Trip led by a friendly and expert local guide
- All entrance tickets and permits are includes
- All necessary equipment included
- Complimentary pickup and drop off from all Cusco hotels
- Complimentary luggage storage while hiking.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
What you can expect
The Trek to Cachicata Quarries is one of the newest trekking routes on offer in the Cusco region. The Cachicata trek takes you past high waterfalls, Inca ruins and beautiful scenery. The Cachicata trek is relatively easy compared to some of the others so it is a great option for less experienced trekkers. Another great thing about the trek is that hardly anyone does it so if you’re looking to get away from the crowds then this is the trek for you!!!. The Cachicata Quarries is located in the area around Ollantaytambo, and from here we caught a train to continue our trip to reach Machu Picchu where you will have enough time exploring this mysterious Inca place admiring its magic and charm, so you will see their large old buildings wrapped of a great history that have made Machu Picchu one of the Wonders of the World.
This trek combines beautiful mountain scenery and unbelievable panoramic views, high mountains of splendid natural surroundings, with these amazing Archaeological Sites, which have magnificent work of the Inca masons such as an outstanding mix of Inca paving stones placed over trails, temples, Inca houses, agriculture terraces, warehouses, water channels, fountains and much more, whole this can be visited currently.
Finally, before you discover this fabulous trek by yourself, we invite you to join us on a virtual tour over Peruvian Andes, on one of the most beautiful treks… Now, take a breath, imagine and dream, you are almost in CACHICATA QUARRIES and MACHU PICCHU…Welcome!