- Duration: 7 days / 6 nights.
- Starting point: Cusco
- Ending point: Cusco
- Group size: Small groups maximum 8, average 5
- Travel style: Hiking, Trekking, Archaeological and Cultural trek.
- Trek Rating: The trek to CHOQUEQUIRAO and MACHU PICCHU is one of the most beautiful routes in Peru.
- Difficult Level: Moderate to difficult.
- Height: 2,800 masl at 3110 masl (the highest point).
- Walking distance: 45 km. or 28 miles.
- Departure Dates: Daily departures
- This Trek gets to Choquequirao also known as “the sacred sister of Machu Picchu”
- Explore the ruins and learn about the mysteries of the ancient Inca Culture visiting this incredible archaeological site.
- Hiking alongside to beautiful landscapes and see natural bridges, Andean valleys, snowcapped mountains, cascades and cloud forest
- Ideal for couples, group of friends, nature lovers, and for all family.
- Informative Trip led by a friendly and expert local guide
- All entrance tickets and permits are includes
- All necessary equipment included
- Complimentary pickup and drop off from all Cusco hotels
- Complimentary luggage storage while hiking.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
The Inca City of Choquequirao was a gorgeous and very important place in the Inca civilization being the nexus between the Amazon jungle and the Cusco City.
This trek to Choquequirao is ideal for many tourists who want to explore the Andes and what are really interested in learning about the Inca Civilization.
The route combines beautiful mountain scenery and unbelievable panoramic views, lush cloud-forest, a subtropical jungle of splendid natural surroundings, with the amazing Choquequirao Archaeological Site little known, which has magnificent work of the Inca masons such as an outstanding mix of Inca paving stones placed over trails, temples, Inca houses, agriculture terraces, warehouses, water channels, fountains and much more, whole this can be visited currently.
Finally, before you discover this fabulous trek for yourself, we invite you to join us on a virtual tour over Peruvian Andes, on one of the most beautiful treks of South America… Now, take a breath, imagine and dream, you are almost in CHOQUEQUIRAO…Welcome!