Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu – 3 Days/2 Nights
Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu – 3 Days/2 Nights
Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu
This great adventure on the Peruvian Andes begins in Cusco City with a trip by transport to the area of Santa Rosa (1,600 m.a.s.l./5,250 ft.)-Trek Head-. The hike will be on an original, ancient Inca Trail known as the Inca Jungle Trail that formerly reached the sacred citadel of the Incas, Machu Picchu. Throughout the tour we will admire the exuberant flora and fauna of the region. On the route you will visit and enjoy the crystal clear waters of the Cocalmayo Thermal Baths (1,600 meters above sea level).
Throughout the tour, you will have great moments, like the Experiential Coffee Tour, which consists of witnessing the entire process of artisan coffee production, and where you will have the chance to harvest, wash, peel, roast, and grind the coffee with your own hands. Finally, there is a tasting of your own freshly prepared coffee.
You will also have the option of doing the Zipline, as well as walking across a deep canyon by a challenging Extreme Bridge. On the tour we will hike to the village of Aguas Calientes (2,000 meters above sea level) and go up by bus to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu (2,400 meters above sea level/7,900 ft.), one of the New Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
Duration: 3 days/2 nights.
Starting point: Cusco City (Pick up from your hotel).
Arrival point: Cusco City (Dropped off at your hotel).
Travel style: Adventure, Hike, Cultural, Ecological and Experiential Tourism.
Tour Value: This Tour to Machu Picchu will be one of the best experiences you can ever have.
Group Size: Only small groups (Private Service)
Difficulty level: Easy
Tours Dates: Every day.
Cusco City: 3,400 m.a.s.l./11,150 ft. (Main Square)
Santa María: 1,300 m.a.s.l./4,270 ft. (Lowest point)
Malaga Pass: 4,330 m.a.s.l./14,200 ft. (Highest point)
Machu Picchu: 2,400 m.a.s.l./7,900 ft.
Cocalmayo Thermal Baths: 1,600 m.a.s.l./5,250 ft.
Eco-Lodge Majestic Sky Domes: 2,000 m.a.s.l./6,600 ft.
¡Estamos listos para tu nueva experiencia!
DETALLES DEL TOUR
This great adventure on the Peruvian Andes begins in Cusco City with a trip by transport to the area of Santa Rosa (1,600 m.a.s.l.)-Trail Head-. The trek will be on an original Inca Trail known as the Inca Jungle Trail, that formerly reached the sacred citadel of the Incas, Machu Picchu. Throughout the tour we will admire the exuberant flora and fauna of the region. On the route you will visit and enjoy the crystal clear waters of the Cocalmayo Thermal Baths (1,600 meters above sea level/5,250 ft.).
Throughout the tour, you will have great moments like the Experiential Coffee Tour, which consists of witnessing the entire process of artisan coffee production, and where you will have the chance to harvest, wash, peel, roast, and grind the coffee with your own hands. Finally, there will be a tasting of your own freshly prepared coffee.
You will also have the option of doing the Zipline, as well as walking across a deep canyon by a challenging Extreme Bridge. On the tour we will walk to the village of Aguas Calientes (2,000 meters above sea level) and go up by bus to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu (2,400 meters above sea level/7,900 ft.), one of the New Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
Upon arrival at Machu Picchu, our friendly and expert Guide will start the tour of the site, visiting magical and incredible places that have made Machu Picchu one of the Wonders of the Modern World, so you will learn about the history and charms of this magical place.
Likewise, you will be able to enjoy spacious and comfortable facilities at our Eco-Lodge MAJESTIC SKY DOMES hostel, where you can gather around a campfire to admire a starry sky, and of course rest and sleep in a comfortable dome room. After enjoying these super experiences we will return to Cusco City, where the tour ends. All the places you will visit on this tour are part of the main tourist destinations in Peru, so a great experience is guaranteed.
Now, Finally, before you discover this fabulous trek, we invite you to join us on a virtual tour of the Peruvian Andes, in one of the most interesting treks. Now breathe, imagine and dream, you are almost in Machu Picchu… Welcome!
- Visit the Archaeological Site of Machu Picchu, considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
- Explore this mysterious Inca citadel and learn about the secrets of the ancient Inca Civilization.
- Discover the charm and magic of the Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu.
- Explore these interesting places and learn about life in the Andes.
- Travel comfortably in an authorized and sanitized transportation in complete safety.
- Enjoy the crystalline waters of the Cocalmayo Thermo-medicinal Baths.
- Travel by transportation and enjoy spectacular panoramic views, beautiful natural settings such as: valleys, snow-capped mountains, and the high jungle.
- Trek explained and conducted by a friendly and knowledgeable local Guide.
- Walk along beautiful landscapes and admire the valleys, canyons, snow-capped peaks and massive mountains.
- Pick up and drop off from all accommodations located in Cusco City and in the Sacred Valley.
- Ideal for couples, groups of friends, nature lovers, and for the whole family.
- Fill yourself with energy while you sleep or rest in an Exclusive Wooden Geodesic Dome… It really is a unique experience!
IS THIS TOUR FOR ME?
If you want to do the Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu 3 days/2 nights, enjoying three entire days full of emotions, and have regular physical fitness, it is definitely for you.
This is the best way to get to Machu Picchu, after sleeping in a luxurious Wooden Panoramic Dome, taking a scenic walk and enjoying the crystalline waters of the Cocalmayo Thermal Baths. In short, this is one of those things that no one should miss the opportunity to do.
Do not waste time, enjoy a unique and unforgettable experience; be a Woman or a Man, Young or Old, have a Good or Bad Physical Condition… This Route is simply for EVERYONE… We are waiting for you!
DAY 1: CUSCO CITY – SANTA ROSA – INCA JUNGLE – THERMAL BATHS OF COCALMAYO – SANTA TERESA – ECO LODGE MAJESTIC SKY DOMES
- Ride in Private Transportation to Santa Rosa.
- Hike on the Jungle Inca Trail.
- Visit to the Thermal Baths of Cocalmayo.
- Travel by Private Transportation to the Majestic Sky Domes Eco-Lodge.
- Campfire Night.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Accommodation: Private Geodesic Wooden Dome at Eco-Lodge Majestic Sky Domes.
DAY 2: FULL DAY AT THE MAJESTIC SKY DOMES ECO-LODGE
- Experiential Tour of Coffee and Local Plantations.
- Extreme Bridge Crossing.
- Stars Observation.
- Accommodation: Private Geodesic Dome at Eco-Lodge Majestic Sky Domes.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
DAY 3: ECO-LODGE MAJESTIC SKY DOMES – HYDROELECTRIC POWER PLANT – MACHU PICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES – CUSCO CITY
- Private Transportation to the Hydroelectric.
- Hike to the village of Aguas Calientes.
- Bus transportation to Machu Picchu.
- Guided visit to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Return trip to Cusco City in Expedition Touristic Train.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
DETAILED TOUR ITINERARY
DAY 1: CUSCO CITY – SANTA ROSA – INCA JUNGLE – THERMAL BATHS OF COCALMAYO – SANTA TERESA – ECO-LODGE MAJESTIC SKY DOMES
This first day, we will pick you up from the hotel located in Cusco City at 3:00 am in our private transportation and travel for about four hours on a paved road until reaching the village of Santa María (1,400 m.a.s.l.). Then, we continue along a road for another 20 minutes until the area of Santa Rosa (1,600 m.a.s.l.) – Starting point of our hike – arriving at 8:00 am. From there we start our hike, first going uphill for only 15 minutes until we reach our first stop, to have the first and delicious breakfast, also a place where we will have the chance to stock up on water and make purchases such as: tropical fruits of the area or some snacks. After breakfast we continue with the path that goes uphill for about 30 minutes until reaching an original Inca Trail known as the Inca Jungle Trail, that formerly connected the sacred citadel of the Incas, Machu Picchu, with the village of Vilcabamba. There the Inca Trail is paved and very well preserved, our guide will explain the history of the Incas. On the route we will also admire the region’s flora and fauna. In this part we will also have impressive panoramic views of the entire canyon. Afterwards, the path turns downhill to the Quellomayo area, where we will arrive around 1:00 pm to have an exquisite lunch and a reinvigorating rest in the hammocks of the restaurant. After lunch we continue for another 2 hours of walking on flat terrain to the Cocalmayo Thermal Baths (1,600 masl), where we will arrive around 4:00 p.m., having a good amount of time to enjoy this very special place. After relaxing in the thermal baths, we board our vehicle and ride for 10 minutes to the village of Santa Teresa (1,700 meters above sea level), arriving at around 6:30 pm. There you will have one last stop to do some shopping. Then, again with our transportation we will go for another 50 minutes along a small road until the Eco-Lodge MAJESTIC SKY DOMES (2,100 m.a.s.l.), arriving at around 7:30 p.m. Upon getting to our Lodge, a delicious dinner awaits you, then there is the option to gather around a campfire and admire the starry sky, and of course rest and sleep in your comfortable wooden dome room.
DAY 2: FULL DAY AT ECO-LODGE MAJESTIC SKY DOMES (Experiential Coffee Tour, Zipline, Extreme Bridge, Astronomical Observation and more)
This second day will be full of emotions, after a good breakfast and around 10 am. we will leave the lodge and go exploring the surroundings, so we can see the local coffee, avocado, orange, lemon, passion fruit, and other plantations. These plantations are the livelihood of the local population, especially the organic coffee plantations whose production is for export, which is why coffee is the main agricultural industry in the region.
There we will visit a small local farm, to carry out the Experiential Coffee Tour, which consists of witnessing the entire process of artisan coffee production, we will have the chance to harvest, wash, peel, roast and grind the coffee with our own hands. Finally we will taste our own freshly prepared coffee, with that exquisite aroma of roasted and ground coffee; you will really enjoy this experience. Then, around noon we return to the lodge, take the chance to relax and enjoy the facilities, you can relax in the hammocks, listen to music in the dining room while sipping a drink. At 1:00 p.m. we have our tasty lunch. After, our transportation will take you in about 10 minutes to the adventure zone, upon arrival there is an informative instructional talk by the instructor, to give you all required information to do the zipline, this will give you a perspective of the experience that is going to be done. Then, you will start with the Zipline over the canyon (we have 4 cables that will descend for a total of 1,200 meters). Some are short, but with high slopes. The longest is located about 400 meters above the Salkantay River and the start and arrival points are platforms on the ground and some aerial platforms installed on the mountain.The maximum speed of a slide down the cables is 60 km/h.You will also cross walking over the canyon by a challenging Extreme Bridge. The entire circuit takes 1 hour and a half. After enjoying this great experience, we will return to the lodge. If you do not want to take part in these activities, stay and enjoy our many facilities. To end this great day, at night there is dinner and we will make the most of the clear and starry sky to carry out astronomical observations with our Digital Telescope that will allow us to observe some constellations.
DAY 3: ECO-LODGE MAJESTIC SKY DOMES – HYDROELECTRIC PLANT – MACHU PICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES – CUSCO CITY
This third day, we will get up very early, breakfast is scheduled for 5:30 am. Afterwards, around 6:00 am. we leave the Eco-Lodge in our transportation and travel for 1 hour and 30 minutes to the Hydroelectric Power Plant, arriving at 7:30 am.
From the Hydroelectric we start our hike following the railway line for 3 hours, in the direction of the Aguas Calientes village. On the route we can observe the flora and fauna of the region, walking along the banks of the Urubamba River, from there we can spot the Sacred Mountains Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu. The hike continues and passes through a cloud forest, this area is covered with bromeliads and many varieties of orchids. Finally around 10:30 am. we arrive at the village of Aguas Calientes (2,000 m.a.s.l.).
Upon arrival at the village of Aguas Calientes we will leave our backpacks to immediately board the bus for 25 minutes along a zigzagging road to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu (2,400 m.a.s.l./7,900 ft.). After getting to Machu Picchu, our friendly and expert Tour Guide will start the tour of the place. The tour of Machu Picchu will begin at 11 am. and will last approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes, with the guide’s explanations, visiting magical and incredible places that have made it one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
In the afternoon, after having thoroughly enjoyed Machu Picchu, we will board the bus, to take us down about 25 minutes to the village of Aguas Calientes. Upon reaching the village we will have lunch at a local restaurant. Afterwards, there will be time to tour the village and visit the handicraft market.
Then at night around 6:30 pm. we will board the Touristic Train back to the village of Ollantaytambo, arriving there at around 8:10 pm. One member of our staff will be waiting to take you in our transportation back to Cusco City, arriving at approximately 9:40 pm. to leave you at the hotel.
ALL INCLUSIVE SERVICE
- Pick up from your hotel on the first day of the Tour.
- One-way Touristic Transportation from Cusco City to the Santa Rosa area (Trek Head).
- Professional Tour Guide.
- All Food included: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners.
- We can prepare vegetarian meals or special diets according to your requirement at no extra cost.
- Entrance Tickets to the Thermal Baths of Cocalmayo.
- Visit to the Thermal Baths of Cocalmayo.
- Experiential Coffee Tour.
- Transportation from the Eco-Lodge Majestic Sky Domes to the Hydroelectric Power Plant.
- Hike from the Hydroelectric Power Plant to Aguas Calientes.
- Bus ticket up and down between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Tour of the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Return Train Ticket in Touristic Service to Cusco City.
- First aid kit and emergency Oxygen Tank carried by the Guide.
- Campfire Night at Eco-Lodge Sky Domes.
- Drop off at your Hotel.
- 02 Nights of Accommodation in our Exclusive Geodesic Wooden Domes with Private Bathroom.
LIST OF PERSONAL ITEMS TO BRING TO THE INCA JUNGLE TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 3 DAYS/2 NIGHTS
Please review this list and remember that everything is very important to the success of your trek.
- Original passport.
- Printed or online Tour Voucher, issued by our company.
- Small backpack.
- Bottle of water and some snacks such as: cookies, candies, chocolates, cereals, fruits, among others.
- Extra cash, if you want to buy some souvenirs of the trek.
Clothes and shoes
- Jacket for the cold.
- Waterproof clothing: rain jacket and/or rain poncho.
- Hat to cover from the Sun.
- Hiking boots or comfortable sneakers.
- Bathing suit for the Cocalmayo Thermal Baths.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Lip cream.
Personal hygiene items
- Wet wipes.
- Toilet paper.
- Toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Rubber-tipped poles (optional).
- Good sense of humor
- We recommend a prior acclimatization, at least arrive in Cusco City 1 day before this trek, and good health in general…
Here you will find the most Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients. Before asking anything, we invite you to carefully read these questions and answers, as well as all our links about this Tour. This will help you to clarify in a simple, fast and practical way.
1. IS WATER INCLUDED IN THE TOUR?
Yes, we know that hydration during the hike is very important, so you should not worry about this. Just bring your own water for the first day. After this, our staff will provide you with water from the 2nd day. It is taken from the tap at each camp and is then boiled and cooled. You can refill your bottle at breakfast, lunch and dinner. So don’t worry, water will always be clean and safe to drink.
2. WHAT MEALS WILL I HAVE DURING THE TOUR?
We understand how curious you are about the quality of food during the trek. For your peace of mind we include all meals and snacks throughout the hike, even the last lunch is included (after your tour to Machu Picchu). For this last lunch you will have the option of eating in a good restaurant in the village of Aguas Calientes. All the testimonials and comments made by our clients guarantee and prove that our meals are excellent.
All food is prepared with fresh ingredients, which are bought at the local market in Cusco City the day before the trip. Everything is transported by the porters, and then prepared by our cook. We do not use any canned or rehydrated food. Everything is fresh, healthy and delicious!
Each cook is professionally trained to prepare the best breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks. The food is served daily starting in the morning with a great breakfast, then we will give you some snacks to enjoy along the way, at noon you will have a good lunch, when arriving at the camp you will enjoy tea time, and finally at night there is a delicious dinner. Without a doubt, this will exceed all your expectations about food on the Inca Trail.
On the last day, in the afternoon, after visiting Machu Picchu, you will have a delicious lunch that will be served in a good restaurant in the village of Aguas Calientes, where you can choose what you want to eat. Here you can select between: Cream of corn, Cream of Mushrooms, Cream of Asparagus, Pastas, Pizzas, Fried trout, Meat, Chicken, Boiled Vegetables, Salads, Omelets, etc.
Here are some examples of what our Chefs can prepare and serve at meals:
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, breads, pancakes, omelets, cereals, fruit salad, toast, orange juice, milk, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, butter, jam.
- Snacks for the Hike: Fruits, Cookies, Cereals, Chocolate, Candies.
- Lunch: Corn soup, Cream of Mushrooms, Cream of Asparagus, Rice with chicken, sausages, Fried trout, ceviche, meat, beans, fried rice, French fries, boiled vegetables, Salads, Omelets, etc.
- Tea Time: popcorn, fried wontons, tea, coffee.
- Dinners: Stuffed Chicken, vegetable tortillas, pizza, spaghetti, pork chop, fried vegetables, salads.
If you have special dietary needs, no problem! We can serve vegetarians, vegans, celiacs and any type of food allergy at no additional cost, so you will always be well fed throughout the trip.
3. HOW DO I BOOK MY TOUR?
Booking this Tour with us will really be very safe, easy and practical, you will also have Payment Facilities such as Paying the Excursion up to 1 day before the Tour and in 2 Installments:
- The First Installment can be paid online from the comfort of your home by making a Pre-Payment with any Credit or Debit Card from any Bank, using our safe and reliable money transfer system. The Pre-Payment will be made through a deposit of US$200 per person (Click on the Reserve link)
- The Second Fee will be paid upon arrival in Cusco City, personally at our Main Office located in our Historic Downtown up to 1 day before the Tour.
⇒ To Reserve your 3 Days/2 Nights Inca Jungle Trek, just follow these 3 simple steps:
1. Fill out the Reservation Form: It is in the Reserve link.
2. Pay the First Installment (Pre-Payment): We accept all cards. You can use a Credit or Debit Card from any Bank and of any company: VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DINERS CLUB, DISCOVER, JCB, UNION PAY, ETC.
3. Print your Travel Coupon (Voucher): We will send it immediately after you have made the Pre-Payment.
⇒ OTHER PAYMENT METHODS: If you wish to make the Pre-Payment by other means such as: Western Union, Bank Deposit, Bank Transfer or some other methods, let us know so we can send you all the required information to make the Pre-Payment.
4. ARE THERE DISCOUNTS FOR CHILDREN AND STUDENTS?
Yes, for this Tour we offer discounts and special rates for infants, children and students.
- Infants under 2 years of age in the company of their parents travel free.
- Children between 3 and 8 years of age have a discount of US$100.00 only by sending a scanned copy of the Passport at the time of Reservation.
- Students also have a discount of US$40.00 in the following cases:
→ School and College Students – For young people between 9 and 17 years old, only by sending a scanned copy of the Passport at the time of Reservation.
→ University Students – For young people up to 25 years old, only send a scanned copy of the Current University Card to validate. We accept all University Cards from all Universities in the World (Students aged 26 and over are considered Adults).
5. WHY ARE PERMITS SOLD OUT SO FAST?
Unfortunately, many travelers are unaware of the 500 permits daily limit for this route. Furthermore, most hikers are unaware that this limit applies not only to travelers who enter the famous route every day, but also to all service personnel required by authorized agencies such as: guides, cooks, and porters.
These service personnel are of vital importance for the excursion since thanks to them, you will be supplied with everything needed such as: food, accommodation, tents, etc. The guide will keep you safe and informed during the hike.
So, due to this regulation, the tickets required for a group of travelers will need to be always Double (Travelers + Agency Service Personnel).
Now that you know the reason behind the great demand, it is clear the need to reserve your permits as soon as possible, so for this you will need a Tourism Agency Authorized by the Peruvian Government to operate the Inca Trail, like ours Incredible Peru Tours – IPT.
6. HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP MY GUIDE, COOK AND PORTERS?
Tips are not mandatory, there is no exact amount. Only if you wish, at the end of the tour you can give tips for the tour guides, cooks and porters. This is something additional and totally voluntary, really what you consider fair will be highly appreciated by the Service Personnel.
7. WHAT WILL THE WEATHER BE LIKE ON THE INCA TRAIL AND MACHU PICCHU?
Weather is very unpredictable along the Inca Trail, it is impossible to say exactly what type of climate you will encounter during the Trek. No matter what month you travel to the Inca Trail, make sure to have waterproof clothing on hand such as a rainproof jacket or a good rain poncho.
At night temperature tends to drop especially the second night, since the Campsite is located at more than 3,600 meters above sea level.
During the day, many people are surprised to learn that on the 1st and 2nd day the Inca Trail has a subtropical climate. The area extends within the High Forest, known as the Cloud Forest or Mountain Forest, which is full of exuberant vegetation with the presence of orchids, ferns, bromeliads and some mosquitoes.
Machu Picchu is located at 2,400 meters above sea level/7,900 ft., it is a considerably lower altitude (hotter and more humid) than Cusco City and many other places. In Machu Picchu the temperature could reach 25 degrees Celsius. It is surrounded by high mountain peaks, often shrouded in mist. This is perhaps one of the reasons why the Spanish never discovered it.
During dry season (April to November), early mornings are cloudy and can be cold. As the morning hours pass the clouds clear and the sun rises, so it can get quite hot. Sun protection, insect repellent and a good hat are essential. However, keep in mind that sometimes it can be rainy in June and sunny in December.
During rainy season (mid-November to mid-April), rainfall is very constant. However, don’t be surprised if in this season some days are sunny. February is the month with the most pourings, so during this month the Inca Trail is closed.
Remember a rain poncho is highly recommended, no matter what season you decide to travel. Also consider that when it rains the old stones on the path become slippery, so it is very important to wear shoes with a good tread and perhaps a rubber-tipped cane.
8. IF I ALREADY PAID MY FIRST INSTALLMENT AND DECIDE TO CANCEL, WILL I BE REFUNDED?
Unfortunately we will not be able to make any type of refund or date changes for Tours that are paid in Installments. All Pre-Payments of US$200.00 are non-refundable, nor transferable, since this money will be invested immediately in all the Procedures and Reservations required for the Tour, as well as in the purchase of Permits and Tickets for the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu. These procedures will be carried out at the Ministry of Culture of Peru (Branch of the Peruvian Government Managing the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu).
We understand that unexpected things happen that are out of your control, but we cannot make exceptions. You can read more about our Change and Cancellation Policies on this website.
9. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE OF MACHU PICCHU AND THE MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN?
Our Tour includes the Entrance Ticket to the Archaeological Site of Machu Picchu. This means a guided tour of about 2 hours through the most interesting places of the citadel, led by our Professional Guide.
Machu Picchu Mountain is a large mountain next to the Archaeological Site of Machu Picchu (2,400 m.a.s.l.). This Mountain has an old Inca Trail to reach its top, which is 3,000 meters above sea level. You can do this walk on your own in an average of 3 hours between going up and down. From its top you will have an impressive 360° panoramic view of the entire place. This is an optional hike.
The Entrance price to this Mountain is US$60, and we recommend to reserve it at the time of reservation of the Inca Jungle Trek, since permits are very limited (only 400 people per day can climb this Mountain).
10. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE HUAYNA PICCHU MOUNTAIN AND THE MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN?
- Huayna Picchu Mountain: The hike to the top takes approximately 45 minutes, along the narrow and steep Inca stairs. Once there, you can see the Machu Picchu citadel and its surroundings. This is the famous peak in the background of every iconic photo of Machu Picchu. At the summit, Huayna Picchu is always a top item on most Machu Picchu visitor lists, which means you usually need to book months in advance. Only a limited number of people can hike this mountain each day. Throughout this hike, you will have stunning views of the Machu Picchu ruins. The limited number of tickets is set by the Culture Ministry in Cusco, not by us. This is completely out of our hands unfortunately. Tickets for this mountain are not transferable.
- Machu Picchu Mountain: The walk to its top takes approximately 1.5 hours. Once there, you get a much higher vantage point, enjoying an amazing view of the Machu Picchu Citadel and its surroundings. This hike is a great alternative to Huayna Picchu. Ideal for those who don’t want the hassle of fighting for a ticket, or were unable to obtain one. Technically, permits for Machu Picchu Mountain are also limited to 400 per day, but they rarely sell out. We simply need to reserve when we purchase your entrance tickets. This hike is great because it will also take you high up like Huayna Picchu, which offers great views. This trek has an easier incline (also making it accessible for those who fear the heights of Huayna Picchu), but the path is much longer, making it just as challenging in its own way.
11. DO I NEED TO BRING ADDITIONAL MONEY TO MY TOUR?
Yes, if you want to buy snacks such as cookies, dehydrated fruit, chocolates, etc. or additional drinks such as sodas, beers or an energy beverage, because it is possible to buy these products in small stores in the area.
Also, if you want to buy a souvenir or memories from the tour, there is the Handicraft Market in Aguas Calientes village. For all this we recommend that you have between 150 and 300 Peruvian soles. You may not need to spend any of this money, but in case of an Emergency, make sure to have enough cash.
12. WHAT TIME WILL WE RETURN TO CUSCO CITY?
On the last day, after visiting Machu Picchu, we will take a bus for 25 minutes to the village of Aguas Calientes. Then have lunch at a local restaurant and after a train ride of 1 hour and 45 minutes until the Ollantaytambo Train Station. There a tourist bus will be waiting for a two-hour trip back to Cusco City. We have two train schedules: from 4:20 p.m. or 6:20 p.m. (time to be confirmed depending on Peru Rail availability)
13. IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS, CAN I CONTACT INCREDIBLE PERU TOURS?
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
You can contact us anytime, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We will be very happy to help you, call us at: WhatsApp +51 984 525 006 / +51 984 683 047 or send an email to: email@example.com, or also check the Contact Us link on this website.
14. WHY SHOULD I BOOK MY TOUR WITH INCREDIBLE PERU TOURS?
There are very good reasons to book your excursion with us, let’s see some:
- Excellent location of Our Travel Office that allows better coordination at any time. We are located in Cusco City’s Historic Downtown.
- Excursion organized by an Authorized Peruvian Tourism Agency. We are 100% local workers. We are very proud to be Peruvian and have the great opportunity to share our culture with you, with more than 15 years of experience organizing the best tours to the most incredible tourist destinations in our region. We have all our documentation updated and valid, complying with all the procedures and regulations before the Local Government, thus being a Travel Agency recognized as an Authorized Operator of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu – 2020, this provides support and trust. It also guarantees our seriousness and commitment to your satisfaction, which will be met with great responsibility and enormous pleasure.
- The Best Price for your trip and without hidden charges. Getting the best price is great and getting the best value is even better. We provide an All Inclusive Service trip at an affordable price, giving you the best Offers. We save you the search time with our Low Price Guarantee. How did we achieve this?… Simply because we are the Direct Tour Operator managing business costs locally and employing local people to conduct your trip and without any intermediary.
- Travel with Experts: The best Tourist Guides, Cooks and Porters in the region. Our Service Staff, locally known as “The Steel Team” are highly trained to serve all types of groups, families, friends, couples and all those who love outdoor activities.
- High Quality Equipment for your Trip. From a simple trekking pillow to the most sophisticated hiking stick, going through the most comfortable sleeping tents and the best quality feather sleeping bags that guarantee a good rest. We buy new equipment every year, with a 2-year rotation, constantly looking for the best brands that are the most comfortable and safe for your trek.
- Excellent meals – All included. You don’t have to worry about food, because we include all meals during the whole Trek. Our cook will impress you with the quality of the food prepared in a small tent and small kitchen. Everything is prepared with fresh ingredients, we do not use canned or dehydrated food. In addition, we can prepare vegetarian or special diets according to your needs free of any extra charge.
- Confirmed and guaranteed departures. We are the only Tour Operator that guarantees all the departures, since we Operate 100% of our Treks. Other agencies hope and wait to have enough clients to start with a Tour. Even if we only have a single traveler for a Travel Date, this trip will be operated by us at the prices listed on this website and without surcharge. Normally our groups are small and with an average of 4 to 8 people.
- We treat our travel staff in the best way and are committed to the social projects of our region. We practice good treatment for our workers. That is why we provide Inca Trail tickets, accommodation, transportation, uniforms and good food for all our staff. The cooks and porters have paid Health Insurance and all of them have reasonable salaries according to the work they do. We are also committed to social projects that sponsor benefits for children in local communities in Health and Education, helping to improve their living conditions.
- We practice Sustainable and Responsible Tourism. We are an ecological company, committed to the environment and to the sustainable use of ecological resources, Tourism must have a minimal impact. One important contribution is that our kitchen staff use biodegradable dishwasher detergents. In addition, we constantly participate in Cleaning Campaigns of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
- Personalized Service and Support. When you ask a question, we will always reply. We are here to help provide personalized care and support. Call or email our contact center from anywhere, anytime.
15. IS THE INCA TRAIL FOR ME?
Definitely YES, The Inca Trail is one of those things that no one should miss the opportunity to do, at least once in their life; be a Woman or a Man, Young or Old, have Good or Bad Physical Condition… The Inca Trail is simply for EVERYONE…
Finally, while you wait for this fabulous trek, we invite you to join us on a virtual journey over the Peruvian Andes, in one of the most beautiful hikes in the World… Now! Breathe, imagine and dream that you are almost on the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu… Welcome!
CHECK AVAILABILITY – 2023
JANUARY 2023: NOT AVAILABLE
FEBRUARY 2023: NOT AVAILABLE
MARCH 2023: NOT AVAILABLE
APRIL 2023: NOT AVAILABLE
MAY 2023: NOT AVAILABLE
JUNE 2023: NOT AVAILABLE
JULY 2023: NOT AVAILABLE
AUGUST 2023: NOT AVAILABLE
SEPTEMBER 2023: AVAILABLE
OCTOBER 2023: AVAILABLE
NOVEMBER 2023: AVAILABLE
DECEMBER 2023: AVAILABLE
- We recommend booking your Tour as soon as possible, to avoid missing out on this great experience.
- Yes, if there is no longer availability for the Date of your Tour, you can search for other similar Excursions.
- If you are interested in doing this route and want to book, or want more information, please contact us: Cell phone: +51 984 525 006 / WhatsApp: +51 984 683 047 or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRICES – 2022 / 2023
We are committed to provide you with Safety and the Best Service at the Best Price, which is why throughout 2023 we are maintaining all our rates from the year 2022.
PRICES OF THE PRIVATE SERVICE
For this incredible route, we are currently operating the Private Service mode, where you will enjoy and travel alone with friends and/or family, according to the number of people that make up your group. Remember that it is an All Inclusive Service.
From 2 to 3 people: US$490 for each person
From 4 to 5 people: US$440 for each person
From 6 to 7 people: US$400 for each person
From 8 to 10 people: US$380 for each person
From 10 to more people: US$360 for each person
If you wish, for an additional cost there is the option of adding to this tour, up to one day before your trek, some extra services such as:
- Rental of a Pair of Hiking Poles for the entire route for US$10.00
- If you want to do the Zipline + the Extreme Bridge, it has an additional cost of US$25.00 per person.
- Pick up from Cusco City Airport and transfer to your hotel for US$5.00 per person.
- Pick up from your Hotel and transfer to Cusco City Airport for US$5.00 per person.
- Prices are expressed in US dollars (US$) and are per person.
- Our passion is group travel, so if you are traveling with friends, family or children, get in touch to offer you our promotions.
- Our company also has promotions and discounts for student groups. Please contact us to receive our offers.
- For your peace of mind and comfort, our tours do not have any hidden charges or expenses.
- If you are interested in doing this route and want to book, or want more information, please contact us:
- Cell: +51 984 525 006
- WhatsApp: +51 984 683 047
- E-mail: email@example.com
El tour tiene un valor total de U$ 380
¡Hoy! Puede prepagar (Reservar) con: U$200