- Duration: 4 days / 3 nights.
- Starting point: Cusco
- Ending point: Cusco
- Group Size: Max. 10, Avg. 6
- Travel Style: Hiking, Trekking, and Archaeological and Cultural trek.
- Trek Rating: The Lares Trek is rated as an excellent alternative route to the traditional Inca Trail.
- Difficult Level: Moderate.
- Altitude: 3,000 masl to 4,600 masl or feet (Highest point).
- Walking distance: 26 km. / 16 miles.
- Departure Dates: Daily departures with 2 people minimum.
- The Lares trek is an excellent alternative trek to the traditional Inca Trail visiting isolated Andean communities.
- Explore the Andean life along the trail and learn about the mysteries of the ancient Inca Culture and visit the archaeological site of Machu Picchu
- Hiking alongside to beautiful landscapes and see natural bridges, Andean valleys, snowcapped mountains and cascades.
- Ideal for couples, group of friends, nature lovers, and for all the family.
- Informative Trip led by a friendly and expert local guide.
- All entrance tickets and permits are includes
- All necessary equipment included
- Complimentary pickup and drop off from all Cusco hotels
- Complimentary luggage storage while hiking.
- Once in a Lifetime Experience
What you can expect
The Lares Trek is an excellent alternative trek visiting isolated Andean communities. This trek is designed for active people of all ages who want to have great moments in full contact with the nature and want to learn about the local villagers and the Inca civilization.
This great trek starts from Cusco – Peru, and you will visit remote high altitude villages. The conditions in the zone are harsh, and even though we will be camping in relative luxury with dining tent with tables and chairs, toilet tent, comfortable tents and air mattresses, the conditions are basic. There will be no opportunity to take shower but you can washing hands and face, and you should be prepared for extremely cold conditions. By the same time this trip has many beautiful views and nice encounters with the local people, so will most likely be the most memorable part of your trip to Peru.
Really it’s a unique experience, this trek combines outstanding views of the Peruvian mountains, unbelievable Andean landscapes of splendid natural surroundings, high mountain lagoons and wildlife, and after all this, from Ollantaytambo Town you will catch the train for finally reaching to the famous Inca City of Machu Picchu, which is a magnificent work of the Inca masons, where you will admire its magic and charm, and you will see its large old buildings, amazing agriculture terraces, temples, water fountains, all this wrapped of a great history, which actually make it recognized as a New World Wonder.
The Lares Trek is one of those things that nobody should lose the opportunity to do it. Everyone should do once in lifetime; be you women or man, young or old, have good or bad physical condition… The Lares Trek is simply for everyone…