- Duration: 1 day
- Starting point: Cusco
- Ending point: Cusco
- Group Size: Max. 15 people visiting Machu Picchu.
- Travel Style: Archaeological and Cultural tour.
- Tour Rating: The Tour to Machu Picchu is a very recommendable way to discover the charm and magic of the Inca Civilization.
- Difficult Level: Easy.
- Altitude: 3400 masl(Cusco City) going down to 2400 masl(Machu Picchu)
- Departure Dates: Daily departures.
- Discover the charm and magic of Machu Picchu.
- Explore this interesting Archeological Sites along the Tour and learn about the mysteries of the ancient Inca Culture.
- Informative Trip led by a friendly and expert local guide.
- Travel by train alongside to beautiful landscapes and see natural bridges, Andean valleys, canyons, mountains and cloud forest.
- All entrance tickets and permits are includes
- Complimentary pickup and drop off from all Cusco hotels
- Ideal for couples, group of friends, nature lovers, and for all the family.
What you can expect:
Machu Picchu is located around 2400 m. (7874ft.). It was a very important Inca City, the political, religious, administrative and cultural center in its region during the Inca Period. Actually is considered the most famous archaeological site of South America, it has magnificent work of the Inca masons such as an outstanding mix of Inca paving stones placed over trails, Temples, Inca houses, agriculture terraces, warehouses, water channels, fountains and much more, and whole these places can be visited currently.
Along this full day tour you will discover the magic and charm of these great sites, learning about the Inca Civilization and the interesting local life. Actually is the major tourist destination of Peru, receiving nearly 2 million visitors a year.
This amazing day, we will pick you up very early to discover the mysteries of majestic Machu Picchu. Enjoy a trip over a nice and scenic train to Aguas Calientes Town. Then, you’ll transfer to a bus for a brief journey to the archaeological site of Machu Picchu, where you will enjoy a beautiful day and you will be amazed for this magical place. After the tour you will have free time to explore the complex at your own pace or you can walk to the Sun Gate for great views of the area below or take a short path to Inca Bridge. Take unforgettable pictures before heading back. Have for sure you will come back home with the satisfaction of having fulfilled a dream.
Machu Picchu – Full day
- Pick up from Cusco Hotel and transportation by private car to Ollantaytambo Train Station.
- Trip by train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes- choose the type of train that best suits your needs.
- Transportation by bus from Aguas Calientes Town to Machu Picchu Inca Site.
- Guided Tour in Machu Picchu.
- Optional short walks in Machu Picchu Inca City: Sun Gate, Inca Bridge, Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- Transportation by bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes Town.
- Trip by train from Aguas Calientes Town to Ollantaytambo Train Station.
- Transportation by car From Ollantaytambo Train Station to Cusco City.
*If you wish to walk to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain, please ask for available spaces when you book your tour because is subject to availability, just 400 spaces a day.