Short Inca Trail – 2 Days / 1 Night (in Hotel)
- Duration: 2 Days / 1 Night.
- Starting point: Cusco
- Ending point: Cusco
- Group Size: Small Group – Max 8, Avg 4 people.
- Travel Style: Hiking, Trekking, Archaeological and Cultural trek.
- Trek Rating: The Inca Trail is by far the most famous trek in South America
- Difficult Level: Easy to Moderate.
- Altitude: 2,100 masl to 2,700 masl or feet (Sun Gate – Highest point).
- Walking distance: 12 km. or 7.60 miles.
- Departure Dates: Daily departures (excluding February when the trail is closed). It is strongly recommended to book your Inca Trail 2 days, at least 4 months in advance as permits can quickly sell out.
- The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is the most famous trek of South America
- Hiking alongside to beautiful landscapes and see natural bridges, Andean valleys, cascades and cloud forest.
- Explore ruins along the Inca Trail and learn about the mysteries of the ancient Inca Culture.
- Visit the archaeological site of Machu Picchu considering one of the 7 new wonders of the World.
- Ideal for couples, group of friends, nature lovers, and for all family
- Informative Trip led by a friendly and expert local guide
- All entrance tickets and permits are includes
- Complimentary safe luggage storage while hiking.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from all Cusco Hotels.
- Real-time Inca Trail permits information.
- Once in a lifetime experience.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
This short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu combines beautiful mountain scenery and unbelievable panoramic views, lush cloud-forest, a subtropical jungle of splendid natural surroundings, with the magnificently work of the Incas such as an outstanding mix of Inca paving stones placed over trail, agriculture terraces, water fountains, tunnels and amazing archaeological sites including the famous Sun Gate and the sunset over Machu Picchu. This trek is ideal for those who have limited time and those who want to have an easily achievable hike.
This great trek starts from Cusco, and then by bus to Ollantaytambo, where we will catch a train to Km. 104 – the trailhead, this zone has a very good weather with an average temperature of 23 centigrade and the hikers will enjoy the Inca ruins which are located along the 12 kilometers trail.
Really it’s a unique experience, sharing unforgettable moments in full contact with nature, and finally reaching to the famous Inca City of Machu Picchu, where we will admire its magic and charm, and we will observed its large old buildings wrapped of a great history, which actually make it recognized as a World Wonder.
The Inca Trail is one of those things that nobody should lose the opportunity to do it. Everyone should do once in lifetime; be you women or man, young or old, have good or bad physical condition… The Inca Trail is simply for everyone…
Finally, before you discover this fabulous trek for yourself, we invite you to join us on a virtual tour over Peruvian Andes, on one of the most beautiful treks of the World… Now, take a breath, imagine and dream, you are almost in the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu… Welcome!
SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU – ITINERARY:
DÍA 1: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – KM. 104 – INTI PUNKU (SUN GATE) – AGUAS CALIENTES...
Highlights of the day: Explore the Inca Trail from Km. 104 in a day full of emotions … Arrive walking in the afternoon to Machu Picchu and enjoy its magic and charm…
We pick you up very early from your Cusco Hotel, and then we will go during 1 hour and 30 minutes to the Ollantaytambo Train Station from where we caught a the Train. From here the rail road goes beside of the Urubamba river, along the way you will see spectacular views of farmlands and the Veronica snowcapped peak. After 1 hour and 30 minutes you will get the Km. 104 –the trail head- Here is located the first check point where we are going to show the passports, permits and entrances tickets. After this control we start our trek and we will find the first archeological site called Chachabamba (2100 m.) which we visit with the explanations from our guide. From Chachabamba we will walk going up for about 3 hours, and in this part we will find several cascades, and we will reach the next archeological site called Wiñay Wayna (2600 m./ 8500 feet), which is the most beautiful inca place on the Inca Trail and unfortunately not many people get to see. There are some water fountains, temples and some agricultural terraces which provide a perfect opportunity to learn more about the Inca culture.
From Wiñay Wayna we will walk for about one and half hour to get the Sun Gate. The path is narrow, traverses a lush cloud forest of giant ferns and brings a short part with almost vertical ascent of about 50 steps to Inti Punku or Sun Gate located at 8920 feet (2719 masl.). This is a view point, where you’ll get your first fantastic view of Machu Picchu and its surroundings with spectacular views of the mountains and you´ll have a short break and time to take nice panoramic pictures of Machu Picchu.
From the Sun Gate you´ll hike about 40 minutes going down, as we approach Machu Picchu the views of the city just get better and better! . You will have plenty of time to take photos of the “Lost city of the Incas”, from the classic postcard view and different angles around, and finally at about 5: 00 pm. you will reach Machu Picchu. After taking photos we take the bus down to Aguas Calientes Town during 30 minutes, where we spend the night in a confortable hotel, our dinner will be at the tourist restaurant which is included. During dinner our tour guide will provide you very important information about your next day, so you’re fully prepared for your visit to Machu Picchu on the last day.
After all this, it is advisable to go to sleep at a reasonable time in order to wake up in the early hours of the morning to get to Machu Picchu.
Hiking Time: Aprox. 6 hours.
Walking distance: 12 Km. / 7.60 millas.
Difficlty Level: Moderate.
Elevation: From 2000 m. going up to 2700 m. and from 2700 going down to 2400 m.
DÍA 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO.
Highlights of the day: Arrive early to Machu Picchu – even before trekkers from the Inca Trail 4 days and the travelers by train … Enjoy a superb sunrise on a clear morning in Machu Picchu … Optional with a pre-reserved entrance ticket you can climb the Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain…
This is most important day of our excusrsion, we will start our second and amazing day very early in order to get Machu Picchu before even the Inca Trail Trekkers and the people from the tourist trains and to have the opportunity to enjoy the sunrise at Machu Picchu. After our breakfast, we will leave from our Aguas Calientes hotel at 5:30 am. and we will walk towards Bus Station (2000 m.a.s.l.), from here we ascend in tourist bus for 30 minutes by a zig zag road until Inca Sanctuary of MACHU PICCHU (2400 m.a.s.l.).
We will see this amazing place and starting our guiding visit, which will be last approximately 2 hours with our professional Tour Guide, where he will explain about the history, visiting magical and interesting places that have made Machu Picchu one of the Wonders of the World. After the tour you will have enough free time to take photos, walk or explore the site by yourselves, and there is the possibility to climbing up to Huayna Picchu Mountain according availability.
Then in the afternoon, after enjoying Machu Picchu, we will caught the tourist bus, going down for about 25 minutes to Aguas Calientes Town, here you will have time to have lunch in one of the good restaurants. At 6:00 pm. we will board the return train to take us to Ollantaytambo Town arriving at 7:50 pm, here our transfer will be waiting for you, who will bring you in tourist bus back to Cusco arriving at 9: 30 pm. approximately, and finally we will leave you at your Cusco hotel.
Hiking Time: 2 hours with the group visiting Machu Picchu + 4 hours exploring by yourself.
Walking distance: It depend the area you want to explore at Machu Picchu.
Difficulty Level: Moderate.
Elevation: From 2000 m. going up to 2400 m. (By bus).
- This itinerary is for reference because the time of departure and arrival to Cusco City may vary according to availability and train schedules.
- After you make the reservation and payment of this tour, we will send you a confirmation e-mail stating the hotel name in Aguas Calientes Town, and the time of your trip by train.
- The 2th day after your visit of Machu Picchu, there is the possibility to climb the Huayna Picchu Mountain + USD $. 80.oo per person. This hike lasts about 2 hours round trip. (Book it, when you reserve this tour).
- You can also climb the mountain Machu Picchu, instead of the Huayna Picchu Mountain + USD $ 80.oo per person. This hike lasts about 3 hours round trip. (Book it, when you reserve this tour).
- If you want to hike much easier and shorter, you can walk by your own to the Inca Bridge for 1 hour round trip.
INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR:
- Pre meeting and briefing of preparation with your tour guide 1 or 2 days before your trek at our Cusco Office.
- Safe storage for your belongings at our office in Cusco while you are hiking.
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Transport from Cusco until Ollantaytambo Train Station in private bus.
- Tourist train ticket from Ollantaytambo Train Station to Km.104 – Trailhead.
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide.
- A second Tour Guide (for groups of 9 or more trekkers).
- Entrance fees to Inca Trail.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Inca Site.
- All meals during the trek (01 breakfast, 02 lunches, 01 dinner).
- There is the possibility of preparing vegetarian or special diets according to your requirement without charge.
- A water bottle every morning.
- First Aid Kit and emergency Oxygen balloon carried for our tour guide.
- Bus ticket down from Machu Picchu Inca Site to Aguas CalientesTown on Day 1
- 2 hours guided tour in Machu Picchu Inca site.
- Bus ticket up and down from Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes on Day 2.
- Tourist train return ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo on Day 2.
- Tourist bus from Ollantaytambo train station until your hotel at Cusco.
- 1 night accommodation at Hotel located in the town of Aguas Calientes. *
*This service will be providing in the Hotel Killa Inn (www.grupokillamachupicchu.com/360/killa.html), or some other similar hotel, in single, double or triple, according to your requirement. All hotels reserved for us are clean and safe, including breakfast, private bathroom with hot water, Wi-Fi, cable TV, and free storage to leave your bags while you are visiting Machu Picchu.
– After you make the reservation and payment of this tour, we will send you a confirmation e-mail stating the hotel name and the time of your trip by train.
– If you book a Hotel by yourself, or if you already have a hotel booked, let us know to give you the corresponding discount.
Until the last day before your trek, at our Cusco Travel Office situated in the downtown, If you want, you have the option to add to your reserved trek, for an additional payment, the following things:
- A pair of trekking poles (you can rent it from our Travel Office + $10.oo USD per whole the hike).
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu Mountain (In this case, please require it when you book your trek because is subject to availability, just 400 spaces a day + USD $. 80.oo ).
- Entrance ticket to Mchu Picchu Mountain (In this case, please require it when you book your trek because is subject to availability, just 400 sapaces a day + USD $. 80.oo ).
• Personal Trekking gear (please, check the Inca Trail what to take link).
• Travel Insurance.
• Optional Tips for the travel team (only if you want, at the end of the trail you can give some tips for the tour guide).
WHAT´S TO TAKE
WHAT TO TAKE TO INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS – 1 NIGHT:
Many people assume that the weather is hot in South America, but in the zone of the higher altitude of the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. So we provide you the full list to organize your backpack from now, if you don’t have one of them, so you can buy it with some time in advance but if you cannot do it, don’t worry there are many camping stores in Cusco City where you can hire or buy what you need.
Please, check this SHORT INCA TRAIL Packing List and remember that everything is very important for the success of your trek.
- Original Passport.
- Student Card, if you are student.
- Travel Insurance (some copies).
- A printed voucher issued for us.
- Day pack.
- Water bottle.
- Some snacks such as cookies, candies, chocolates, energy bars and others.
- Money belt and some cash, if you want to buy some souvenirs of your visit.
- Hiking Shoes.
- Thermal Jacket especially for the night when you are coming back.
- Waterproof clothing (rain jacket and poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (hiking pants, short pants, 2 t-shirts).
- Swimsuit and sandals. (If you want to visit the Hot springs).
- Sun Hat.
- Personal medical kit with bandages and anti-inflammatory tablets.
- Insect repellent.
- Sun block.
- Toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Soap / body wash.
- Shampoo and conditioner.
- Hairbrush /comb.
- Deodorant / body spray.
- Toilet paper.
- Photo Camera with extra memory cards and batteries.
- Walking poles with rubber-tipped (Optional).
- Pocket knife
- A sense of humor.
- We recommend a previous acclimatization in Cuzco City, for at least 1 day and general good health.
AVAILABILITY AND PRICES
AVAILABILITY – 2020
Currently for each day, they are 500 spaces for the Inca Trail, but these spaces are sometimes not enough for all people who want to hike the Inca Trail. Normally These spaces are booked with many time in advance . We recommend you book it as soon as possible, by this way you have your space secured and guaranteed the departure of your hike. Before booking your Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, please check the available space required for your dates!
LAST MINUTE NOTICE: The Ministry of Culture opened 200 spaces more for every day, this is just for this hike – Short Inca Trail 2 days / 1 night, If you are interested in this spaces, please e-mail us for more information and get these free spaces to: firstname.lastname@example.org
These new 200 avaliable spaces for the Short Inca Trail 2 days / 1 nigth are not yet published in the calendars.
PRICES – 2020
The price for this trek – Short Inca Trail 2 days /1 night is calculated according of type the train chosen and shareable in group service. In order to meet various customer needs, you can choose from two different types of trains – choose the one that best suits your needs:
1. The Expedition Train:
This option was created for adventurous passengers seeking comfort and security without the extra frills. Departing from Ollantaytambo train station, located approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes outside of Cusco, your journey to Machu Picchu begins! The seats have been reupholstered with indigenous fabrics, giving them a touch of local flavor. Snacks are available for purchase, as well as additional storage space for backpacks.
- ADULT: USD $ 580.00 (Age 18 +).
- STUDENT: USD $ 545.00 (For this price, you must send by email a copy of your original student card issued by the university up to 25 years).
- CHILD: USD $ 530.00 (Age 3-8).
- INFANT: USD $ 0.00 (Age 0-2) – For free, travelling with your parents.
2. The Vistadome Train:
This option is a comfortable way to journey to Machu Picchu. Departing from Poroy train station, located approximately 25 minutes outside of Cusco, you’ll enjoy beautiful panoramic windows to make the most of the spectacular scenery and allow for fantastic photo opportunities. Delicious snacks as well as hot and cold refreshments are served on the way (own expense).
- ADULT: USD $ 630.00 (Age 18 +)
- STUDENT: USD $ 595.00 (For this price, you must send by email a copy of your original student card issued by the university up to 25 years).
- CHILD: USD $ 580.00 (Age 3-8).
- INFANT: USD $ 0.00 (Age 0-2) – For free, travelling with your parents.
- To book this hike, note that a minimum 2 people is required.
- If you’re planning to travel alone, please contact us to provide you a departure date in an already organized group.
- Our passion are the family trips, so if you traveling with children, please contact us to offer our promotions for families.
- Incredible Peru Tours – IPT, for your best stay has no charges or hidden costs.
HOW TO BOOK?
– To make the Inca Trail is our passion and customer satisfaction is our success!
– Make your trip an unforgettable experience with us!
You can Book Easily and Pay using Paypal Safely
- To make the Inca Trail is our passion and customer satisfaction is our success!
- Make your trip an unforgettable experience with us!
YOU CAN BOOK VERY EASILY AND PAY USING PAYPAL SAFELY:
Book one or more of your tours with us, will be really easy and practical, also have the great option of paying your excursions into 2 parts. The first part from the comfort of your home or office paying with any credit or debit card using PayPal transfer system very safe and reliable money. The second part of the pay will be in Cusco City, directly at our office located in the Historic Center of the City.
To book one of our hikes and / or any sightseeing tour, you must perform these 3 simple steps:
1. FILL THE BOOKING FORM:
Complete the Booking Form and make sure the information and the date of your trip is correct. Don´t forget to indicate us the name of the tour you like, the number of travelers, questions about the tour and / or some preferences!
2. MAKE A PRE-PAYMENT WITH PAYPAL:
Click on our Pay Now button! … Then you must make a pre-payment for the tour. This pre-payment will be made through a deposit of USD $ 200 per person. The amount must be sent through your PayPal account, adding 5% corresponding to transfer money, so the amount sent will be USD $ 210 per person. If you want to pay for a group of people the amount of USD $ 210 will be multiplied by the total number of travelers. The remaining balance will be paid at our office located in the city of Cusco until 1 day before the date of the tour. The remaining amount can be paid in cash and without charge, or if you want to pay by credit or debit card – VISA with a surcharge of 8% for transaction tax. Once the pre-payment is made, please contact us. Call us or send us an e-mail to: email@example.com indicating the date and amount of the deposit.
* If you want to make the pre-pay by bank deposit, bank transfer, Western Union or some other means of payment, let us know to send you the necessary information.
3. PRINT YOUR TRAVEL VOUCHER:
Once verified the pre-pay deposit, our Customer Service Office will send an email with the Subject: Confirmation of your booking, attaching a travel voucher. This is your ticket and proof of your reservation. We always send this mail Booking Confirmation, so if you do not receive this message, check your Spam and / or immediately contact our office to send back confirmation.
… Completed step 3, your tour will already be booked and confirmed, so we recommend you prepare for your trip! … Thank you for your time and interest for traveling with us and from now … Welcome!