- Duration: 1 Full day.
- Starting Point: Cusco.
- Ending Point: Cusco.
- Group Size: Max. 15 people.
- Travel Style: Hiking, Trekking.
- Difficult Level: Moderate difficulty.
- Altitude: 4522 m.a.s.l.
- Distance to travel: approx. 5 km.
- Departure Dates: Daily departures.
- Discover the charm and magic of Colored Mountain and Red Valley
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors.
- Ideal for couples, groups of friends, nature lovers and for the whole family.
- Informational journey led by a friendly and knowledgeable local guide.
- Entry is included.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off from all Cusco hotels.
On the way to the Mountain of Colors we will observe the multicolored landscapes, mountains and snow, Andean animals such as the flame, alpaca, sheep and vicuñas. The colors of the Mountain are due to the mineralogical composition:
- Pink color: red clay, mud and sand.
- Whitish color: quartz and marl, rich in calcium carbonate.
- Red color: iron and clays.
- Green color: a compound of filitas and rich clays rich in ferro magnesiano.
- Brown Earthy color: product of fanglomerate composed of rock with magnesium.
- Yellow mustard color: calcareous sandstone rich in sulfur minerals.
CUSCO – CUSIPATA – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN – RED VALLEY – CUSCO
We will start first with the transfers from 3:00am (private service) and at 4:00am (pull service) where we will pass through your hotels, after concluding the transfers we will travel for a time of 1 and a half hours to our restaurant (Cusipata), along the route we can see the sacred river or willcamayu river, which is part of the sacred valley of the Incas.
When we arrive at the camp we will have a rich breakfast (buffet), then we will take back the transport to continue the tour for 1 hour and reach the bus station, where we will start the walk passing between mountains of intense colors and small currents of icy water that nourish and bring the valley to life, we will see how the colors around us are changing with the movement of unpredictable weather.
Upon arrival we will reach an altitude of 5,033 meters or 16,500 feet from where we will be privileged by a delightful view of the Vinicunca and other mountains covered with veils of clouds and snow-capped peaks. Our guide will give you free time to take the best possible photos and take a good souvenir of the place.
Then, we will start the walk through the red valley for about 20 or 30 minutes. We will arrive at the viewpoint of the Red Valley located at 5,038 m.s.n.m. We will be the viewpoint for 15 minutes. To then take the return route to the bus station, once the whole group in the transport, we will return to the camp to have lunch (buffet), and then return to the city of the cusco at approximately 18:00pm.
INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR:
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Bilingual professional guide.
- Food (breakfast and lunch).
- Income (Rainbow Mountain and Red Valley).
- First aid equipment.
- Delivery to your Hotel in Cusco
- Mineral water.
- Rain poncho (can be purchased anywhere in the city or along the trail).
- Walking sticks.
WHAT TO TAKE:
Many people assume that the climate is warm in South America, but in the higher altitude area of the Andes, the temperature can be quite cold, especially at night. So we provide you with the complete list to organize your backpack from now on. Remember that everything is very important to the success of your trip.
- Original passport.
- Water bottle.
- Sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Lip moisturizer.
- Walking sticks.
- A thermal jacket.
- Rain jacket or poncho (November to March).
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Camera with memory cards and additional batteries.
- Some cash, if you want to buy some memories of your visit.
- Binoculars (if you have)
USD $ 50. 00 per adult (14 years or more)
- Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 2 adults.
- If you are thinking of traveling alone, contact us to offer you a date in an organized group.
- Our passion for family travel, so we are traveling with children, we are in contact with our new promotions.