- Duration: Half Day Tour (from 8:30 pm. to 1:00 pm.)
- Starting point: Cusco City
- Ending point: Cusco City
- Group Size: Max. 8, Avg. 5
- Travel Style: Archaeological and Cultural tour.
- Tour Rating: The Tour to Moray Ruins and Maras Salt mines is one of the best ways to discover how the ancient local people lived.
- Difficult Level: Easy.
- Altitude: 3,400 m.a.s.l. to 3,700 m.a.s.l. (highest point).
- Departure Dates: Daily departures.
- Discover the charm and magic of the magnificent Archeological Site of Moray and the amazing Salt Mines of Maras.
- Visit interesting places and learn about the mysteries of the ancient Inca Culture.
- Ideal for couples, group of friends, nature lovers, and for all the family.
- Informative Trip led by a friendly and expert local guide.
- All the entrance tickets are includes.
- Complimentary pickup and drop off from all Cusco hotels.
What you can expect:
The Archaeological Site of Moray has exquisite architectural feats where the crops were developed by the Inca farmers using varying altitudes on a terraced system with circular shape and difference sizes.
The Salt Mines of Maras, where you can see the salt water spring gushes forth from these high altitude mountains and tumbles down the mountainside into individual evaporation chambers, which have been fully worked for the local people ever since Pre-Inca times. There are over 3000 salt pools all them carved into the mountain side.
If you want to see something really different from ruins, this is your trip! The area is amazing and the landscape is beautiful. Along the tour you will discover the magic and charm of these great sites, learning about the Inca Civilization, you have the opportunity to learn about how the local people still works in the salt mine. Don’t miss the chance to get the salt by yourself with your own hands.
Places to visit:
- The Archaeological Site of Moray
- The Salt Mines of Maras.
We will pick you at your Cusco hotel at 8:30 am. to begin this tour. From here you and your tour guide will head by our transport to the north of Cusco City in order to get to Moray. The drive is about 1 hour and 20 minutes and is absolutely beautiful through lush yellow fields of wheat, past some villages. Finally you will arrive to the fascinating display of terraces in Moray. This place boasts three amphitheater-like terraces made by the Inca masons.
These terraces, which are carved deep into the earth in a bowl shape, were thought to be used to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops. Here you’ll have your visit with the interesting explanations of the Tour Guide.
After Moray we will catch our transport for about 30 minutes and we will head to the salt mines of Maras, This village is known as a former salt-producing center that is thought to date back all the way to pre-Inca times, where you can see the salt water spring gushes forth from these high altitude mountains and tumbles down the mountainside into individual evaporation chambers, which have been fully worked by the local people during hundreds years ago. There are over 3000 salt pools all them carved into the mountain side. Here you have the chance to get the salt by yourself with your own hands…Try!
Afterwards, we caught our transportation again, for about 1 hour and we’ll drive back down to Cusco to drop off at your Hotel.
- Pick up from your Cusco hotel.
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide.
- All Entrance tickets to the places to visit.
- Drop-off in your Cusco hotel.
- Personal gear (please, check what to take list).
- Optional Tips for the travel team (only if you want, at the end of the trail you can give some tips for your tour guide and driver).
Many people assume that the weather is hot in South America, but in the zone of the higher altitude of the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. So we provide you the full list to organize your backpack from now. Please, check the next Maras and Moray Tour – What to take List and remember that everything is very important for the success of your trip.
- Original Passport
- Original student card issued by the university for up to 25 years, if you are student
- A printed voucher issued for us
- Day pack.
- Water bottle.
- Sun Hat, Sunglasses, Sun block
- A Thermal jacket
- Rain jacket or poncho (From November to March)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Photo Camera with extra memory cards and batteries.
- Some cash, if you want to buy some souvenirs of your visit
USD $ 80.00 per Adult (Age 14 +)
USD $ 60.00 per Child (Age 3-13)
USD $ 0.00 per Infant (Age 0-2) – For free, travelling with your parents.
- Please note, this tour require minimum of 2 adults.
- If you are thinking of traveling alone, contact us to offer you a date in an organized group.
- Our passion for family travel, so we are traveling with children, we are in contact with our new promotions.