Rainbow Mountain – 1 Day
Vinicunca or Winicunca, also called Seven Colors Mountain, Rainbow Mountain or Mountain of Colors is a mountain in Peru with an altitude of 5,200 meters above sea level. It is located on the road to Nevado Ausangate, in the Andes of Peru, Cusco Region, Canchis province.
The mountain is composed of minerals which allows us to see colors such as pink, whitish, red, green, yellow mustard and earthy brown. The walk to the red mountain is very safe, there is no risk like precipices or crossing of rivers, if during the walk you feel tired you can take some time to rest and enjoy the landscape of the Andes.
Reserving the Rainbow Mountain with us Incredible Peru Tours – Local Tour Operator, your tour will be supported by a specialized guide of bilingual tourism and an experienced professional driver. Rest assured that our entire team will be there with you all the way to help and make your trip a memorable vacation.
- Duration: 1 Full day.
- Starting Point: Cusco.
- Ending Point: Cusco.
- Group Size: Max. 15 people.
- Travel Style: Hiking, Trekking.
- Difficult Level: Moderate difficulty.
- Altitude: 4522 m.a.s.l.
- Distance to travel: approx. 5 km.
- Departure Dates: Daily departures.
- Discover the charm and magic of the Mountain of seven colors.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors.
- Ideal for couples, groups of friends, lovers of nature and for the whole family.
- Informative trip led by a friendly and expert local guide.
- The entrance is included.
- Free pick up and return from all hotels in Cusco
Leaving the city of Cusco, we drive towards the town of Putimarca, from this town the trip is traveled by a road through various rural communities, we will arrive at Quesiuno place where we will enjoy a delicious breakfast then we will continue to Pampa Chiri where the road ends and start the walk of approximately 5 kilometers until you reach the mountain of colors. On the way we will observe the multicolored landscapes, mountains and snowy mountains, Andean animals such as llama, alpaca, sheep and vicuñas. The colors of the Mountain are due to the mineralogical composition:
- Pink color: red clay, mud and sand.
- Whitish color: quartz and marl, rich in calcium carbonate.
- Red color: iron and clays.
- Green color: a compound of filitas and rich clays rich in ferro magnesiano.
- Brown Earthy color: product of fanglomerate composed of rock with magnesium.
- Yellow mustard color: calcareous sandstone rich in sulfur minerals.
We will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco at 3:30 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. to start this tour. From here you and your tour guide will go on our transport to Pitumarca, once there we will have breakfast.
At 7:00 am. We will start the walk to the Mountain of Colors from Quesiuno approximately two and a half hours. If you are too tired during the course of the hike you can rent a horse. Upon arrival you can take many photos and enjoy the scenery. The walk back is much more rested. Then we return to Quesiuno, and we move to the place where we will enjoy a delicious lunch, then we will return to Cusco in our mobility, we will arrive at approximately 7:00 p.m.
INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR:
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Tourist transport.
- Professional Guide in English.
- A breakfast and lunch.
- Ticket to the mountain of colors.
- Delivery to your Hotel in Cusco.
- Mineral water.
- Rain poncho (can be purchased anywhere in the city or along the trail).
- Walking sticks.
WHAT TO TAKE
WHAT TO TAKE:
Many people assume that the climate is warm in South America, but in the higher altitude area of the Andes, the temperature can be quite cold, especially at night. So we provide you with the complete list to organize your backpack from now on. Remember that everything is very important to the success of your trip.
- Original passport.
- Water bottle.
- Sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Lip moisturizer.
- Walking sticks.
- A thermal jacket.
- Rain jacket or poncho (November to March).
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Camera with memory cards and additional batteries.
- Some cash, if you want to buy some memories of your visit.
- Binoculars (if you have)
USD $ –. 00 per adult (14 years or more)
USD $ –. 00 per child (3-13 years)
USD $ 0.00 per infant (0-2 years) – Free, traveling with your parents.
- Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 2 adults.
- If you are thinking of traveling alone, contact us to offer you a date in an organized group.
- Our passion for family travel, so we are traveling with children, we are in contact with our new promotions.