Short Inca Trail – 1 Day
This ancient Inca Trail to Machu Picchu combines beautiful mountain landscapes with incredible panoramic views, lush forests, a subtropical rainforest of splendid natural surroundings, with the magnificent work of incas masons as the exceptional pavement of stone on the road, beautiful Inca cities, sunctuous temples, terraces of agriculture, canals and water fountains, tunnels and amazing archaeological sites including the famous Puerta del Sol, from where you can observe the sunset over the Inca City of Machu Picchu (One of the new 7 Wonders of the World).
This walk is ideal for travelers who do not have much time and who wish to have an entertaining and easy to take walk.
This great tour starts with the pick-up from your hotel which may be located in the City of Cusco or in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, to get in our private vehicle to the Train Station located in the village of Ollantaytambo, from where we will take a Train Tourist that will take us up to km. 104 (start of the walk), this area has very good weather with an average temperature of 23oC, where our travelers can enjoy the Inca ruins that are along the route of 12 kilometers.
It is really a unique experience, sharing unforgettable moments in full contact with nature, arriving in the afternoon to the famous Inca City of Machu Picchu, where we can admire its magic and charm. We will observe its great ancient buildings wrapped in a great history, which make it recognized as a Wonder of the World.
All this makes Machu Picchu the main tourist destination of Peru receiving about 2 million visitors a year, all of them amazed by its majesty. Let us be your host to assist you and guide you to this Wonder of the World and be one of those Privileged Visitors as well.
- Duration: 1 day.
- Starting point: Cusco
- Ending point: Cusco
- Group Size: Max 16, Avg 8
- Travel Style: Hiking, Trekking, Archaeological and Cultural trek.
- Trek Rating: The Inca Trail is by far the most famous trek in South America
- Difficult Level: Moderate to Challenging.
- Altitude: 2,800 masl to 4,200 masl or 13,776 feet (Highest point).
- Walking distance: 45 km. or 28 miles.
- Departure Dates: Daily departures (excluding February when the trail is closed).
- It is strongly recommended to book your Inca Trail at least 4 months in advance as permits can quickly sell out.
- The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is the most famous trek of South America
- Explore ruins along the Inca Trail and learn about the mysteries of the ancient Inca Culture and visit the archaeological site of Machu Picchu
- Hiking alongside to beautiful landscapes and see natural bridges, Andean valleys, snowcapped mountains, cascades and cloud forest.
- Ideal for couples, group of friends, nature lovers, and for all family.
- Informative Trip led by a friendly and expert local guide.
- All entrance tickets and permits are includes.
- All necessary equipment included.
- Complimentary pickup and drop off from all Cusco hotels
- Complimentary luggage storage while hiking.
- Real-time Inca Trail permit information.
- Once in a Lifetime Experience.
- Book the Inca Trail Tour as soon as possible as permits sell out quickly.
- Arrive at least 1 day before your Tour as it will serve as acclimatization prior to your Hike. Remember that the City of Cusco is 3400 m.s.n.m.
- Check your Personal Items to travel.
- Visit us at our Main Office located in the Historic Center of Cusco City, 1 day before your Walk at 7:00 pm. to receive an Informative Talk about the trip led by the Tour Guide. This will help you to be much more informed, safe and ready for your Tour.
- Leave your luggage that will not take you to the Tour free of charge in the Luggage storage of our Main Office.
- Do not forget to carry your Updated Personal Documents as they will be requested by the Peruvian authorities at the Inca Trail Control Posts and Machu Picchu.
- If you have any questions or want to have more information about this Tour, feel free to contact us: Cell: +51 984525006 / WhatsApp: +51 984683047 or write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
IS THIS ROUTE FOR ME?
If you want to make the Inca Trail enjoying a full day full of emotions, and you don’t have much time and have an acceptable physical condition, definitely YES is for you.
In case you have more time for your trip, you could make a route with more days duration such as the Inca Trail of 4 days / 3 nights or the Inca Trail of 2 days / 1 night. There will always be a route that suits your time and what you are looking for.
The Inca Trail is one of those things that no one should miss the opportunity to do, at least once in life; Be Woman or Male, Young or Old, Have Good or Bad Physical Condition… The Inca Trail is simply for ALL…
Finally, while you are waiting for this fabulous hike, we invite you to join us on a virtual journey over the Peruvian Andes, on one of the most beautiful hikes in the world… now! Breathe, imagine and dream, which is almost on the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu… Welcome (a)!
DAY 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Km. 104 – Wiñay Wayna – Inti Punku (Puerta del Sol) – Machu Picchu (Guided Visit) – Aguas Calientes Village – Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- 4:00 am. Pick up from your hotel.
- 4:10 am. Transport from Cusco to Ollantaytambo Train Station.
- 6:10 am. Travel by Train to Km. 104.
- 7:20 am. Arrival at Km. 104.
- 7:30 am. Start of the Km. 104 Walk to Wiñay Wayna. a Wiñay Wayna.
- 10:30 am. Arrival and Visit of Wiñay Wayna.
- 11:30 am. Hike to the Inti Punku (Puerta del Sol).
- 1:00 pm. Arrival and Rest at the Inti Punku (Puerta del Sol) Lunch.
- 2:00 pm. Hike to Machu Picchu.
- 3:00 pm. Arrival and Guided tour of the Citadel of Machu Picchu.
- 5:30 pm. Bus transport to get off to the Town of Aguas Calientes.
- 6:00 pm. Arrival to the Town of Aguas Calientes.
- 7:00 pm. Dinner at Restaurante del Pueblo.
- 8:50 pm. Travel by train return from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- 10:20 pm. Arrival at Ollantaytambo Station
- 10:30 pm. Return transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- 11:55 pm. Arrival in Cusco and Transfer to your hotel..
The present schedule is reference as it may vary according to the physical condition of each hiker and by the availability in the departure times of the Trains.
DAY 1: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – KM. 104 – INTI PUNKU (PUERTA DEL SOL) – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO.
Highlights of the Day: Explore the Inca Trail from Km. 104, in a day full of emotions… Enjoy Incredible Panoramic Views from Puerta del Sol… Arrive in the afternoon Walking to Machu Picchu and enjoy its magic and charm…
We pick you up very early from your hotel located in Cusco City to go for 1 hour and 30 minutes by tourist transport to Ollantaytambo Train Station, where we will board the train. From here the railway line goes next to the Urubamba River, on the way you will see spectacular views of the farmland and the Nevado Verónica peak (5800 m.s.n.m.). After 1 hour and 20 minutes we will reach km. 104 (Start of the Walk).
In Km. 104 you will find the first Checkpoint where we will present passports, permits and entrance tickets. After this control we will start our walk and we will meet the first Archaeological Site called Chachabamba (2100 m.) that we will visit with the explanations of our Guide. From Chachabamba we will start the route going up for about 3 hours, in this area we will find some waterfalls of water and we will arrive at the next Archaeological Site known as Wiñay Wayna (2600 m.s.n.m./8500 feet).
Wiñay Wayna is the most beautiful Inca place along this route. The place has beautiful water fountains, sacred temples and agricultural terraces that offer a perfect opportunity to learn more about the Inca Civilization. From Wiñay Wayna we will continue with the walk for 1 hour and 20 minutes to the Inti Punku. In this area the path is narrow, crosses a leafy Cloud Forest with the presence of giant ferns and this part has a vertical climb of 50 bleachers that challenges the walker, then reaches the Inti Punku (Puerta del Sol) place located at 2719 m.s.n.m. / 8920 feet. Here you will have the first view of Machu Picchu, a fantastic view with all the splendor that this place can give you. You will also enjoy spectacular panoramic views of the mountains and take a well-deserved rest, lunch (box lunch) and take good panoramic photos of Machu Picchu.
From the Inti Punku (Puerta del Sol) we will continue with the walk going down for about 40 minutes, as we approach Machu Picchu the views of the Inca City are getting better and better!. We will finally arrive at our destination Machu Picchu (2400 m.s.n.m) around 3:00 pm. Here, you will have time to take the classic postcard photo of the “Lost City of the Incas”.
So we will arrive at this amazing place and start with our guided tour that will last approximately 2 hours with our Professional Guide, where it will explain about the history, visiting magical and interesting places that have made Machu Picchu one of Wonders of the World.
After enjoying Machu Picchu, we will take the tourist bus that will take us for 25 minutes descending from Machu Picchu to the Town of Aguas Calientes (2000 m.s.n.m.), here you will have time to dine in a good restaurant, walk on your own and take nice photos in the Main People’s Square.
Then around 9:00 p.m. we will board the return train that will take us to the town of Ollantaytambo arriving at 10:30 pm, here our staff will be waiting for you, who will take you on Tourist Bus back to Cusco City arriving at 11:50 pm. approximately, and finally we will drop you off at your hotel located in Cusco City or in the Sacred Valley.
Walking Time: From Km. 104 to Machu Picchu about 7 hours.
Distance to travel: 12 Km. / 7.60 miles (Inca Trail). + eL;area you want to explore in Machu Picchu.
Difficulty of the Walk:Moderate.
CClimate: Warm and/or Humid.
Altitudes of the Walk:From 2100 m.a.n.m. (start of the walk) going up to the 2719 m.s.n.m. (Puerta del Sol) and the 2719 m.s.n.m. coming down to 2400 m.s.n.m. (Machu Picchu). From there getting off by bus until the 2000 m.s.n.m. (Pueblo de Aguas Calientes).
- This Itinerary is reference as the departure and arrival times to the City of Cusco may vary according to the availability and schedules of the Trains.
- If you have any questions or queries about this Itinerary, please contact us: Cellular: +51 984525006 / WhatsApp: +51 984683047 or write to us at: email@example.com
INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR:
- Meeting and informative preparation talk with your Guide 1 or 2 days before the walk in our Central Office located in the City of Cusco.
- Safe luggage storage for your belongings at our Cusco Central Office while you take your walk.
- Pick up from your hotel located in the City of Cusco or in the Sacred Valley on the day of the start of your tour.
- Transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo Train Station in our private vehicle.
- One-way Tourist Service Train Ticket from Ollantaytambo to Km. 104 (Start of the Walk)
- Bilingue Professional Guide (Spanish and English).
- Ticket Tickets to the Inca Trail and the Inca site of Machu Picchu.
- All food during the Tour (01 lunch, 01 dinner).
- We have the possibility to prepare vegetarian meals or special diets according to your requirement at no cost.
- Bottle of Water.
- First Aid Kit and Emergency Oxygen Balloon to be carried by the Guide.
- Shuttle bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes Village.
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu for 2 hours.
- Return Tourist Service Train Ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Bus transportation from Ollantaytambo Train Station to your hotel located in Cusco City.
If you wish, Up to one day before your Excursion, in our Cusco Main Office located in the City’s Historio Center, for an additional cost you have the option to add to your trip some extra services such as:
- A couple of walking poles (you can rent at our Main Office + $10 USD).
- Huayna Picchu Mountain Ticket (please request when booking this Tour because it is subject to availability, only 400 seats per day + $80.oo). Only applicable if you stay an additional day in the Pueblo de Aguas Calientes.
- Machu Picchu Mountain Ticket (request when booking this Tour because it is subject to availability, only 400 seats per day + $80.oo). Only applicable if you stay an additional day in the Pueblo de Aguas Calientes.
- If you want to stay an extra day in the Pueblo de Aguas Calientes, we will provide your Return Train ticket for the 2nd day at no cost. In addition if you want we can book you a Hotel in the Pueblo de Aguas Calientes for USD $ 35 per person. This service will be provided at the Hotel Killa Inn (www.grupokillamachupicchu.com/360/killa.html), or in some other similar, in single, double or triple rooms, according to your requirement. All hotels booked by us are clean and secure with breakfast included, private bathroom with hot water, Wi-Fi, cable TV and free luggage storage (If you want to add it, request it when booking this tour to make the hotel reservation and to make the purchase of your Return to Cusco train ticket for the 2nd day).
- Personal items (please check the full list in our link: “WHAT TO TAKE”.
- Travel Insurance.
- Optional Tip for your Care and Service Team (only if you wish, at the end of the Inca Trail you can give a voluntary tip for the Guide).
- Additional tickets for the Huyna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountains are usually sold very quickly as they are only offered 400 seats per day for each route, so we recommend booking them as soon as possible.
- After you make the Booking and Pre-pay for this Tour, we will send you a Confirmation email, attaching your Travel Coupon indicating the name of the Hotel and the schedule of your train trip.
- If you have any Questions or Inquiries about the Services Included in this Tour, please contact us: Cell: +51 984525006 / WhatsApp: +51 984683047 or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT´S TO TAKE
WHAT TO TAKE TO INCA TRAIL – 1 DAY:
Many people assume that the weather is hot in South America, but in the zone of the higher altitude of the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. So we provide you the full list to organize your backpack from now, if you don’t have one of them, so you can buy it with some time in advance but if you cannot do it, don’t worry there are many camping stores in Cusco City where you can hire or buy what you need.
Please, check this INCA TRAIL Packing List and remember that everything is very important for the success of your trek.
- Original Passport
- Student Card, if you are student
- Travel Insurance (some copies)
- A printed voucher issued for us.
- Day pack.
- Sleeping bag.
- Water bottle.
- Purifying tablets or filter
- Some snacks such as cookies, candies, chocolates, energy bars.
- Money belt and some cash, if you want to buy some souvenirs of your visit
- Hiking Shoes and Sandals.
- Warm clothes: especially for the night as thermal jacket, glove, scarf, wool socks, wool hat for cold nights.
- Waterproof clothing (rain jacket and poncho)
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (hiking pants, socks, trousers, short pants, 4 t-shirts)
- Sun Hat
- Personal medical kit with bandages and anti-inflammatory tablets
- Insect repellent.
- Sun block
- Small towel.
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Soap / body wash
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hairbrush /comb
- Deodorant / body spray
- Toilet paper
- Flashlight (head lamp recommended)
- Photo Camera with extra memory cards and batteries.
- Walking poles with rubber-tipped (Optional).
- Pocket knife
- Some plastic bags.
- A sense of humor.
- We recommend a previous acclimatization in Cuzco City, for at least 2 days and general good health.